We believe that children are our most precious resource, and that providing them with an outstanding education and ensuring their well-being is our most important undertaking.
We believe the primary purpose of education is to develop and fulfil the unique potential in every child in a supportive, engaging and stimulating learning environment, and to inspire a lifelong love of learning.
The Learning Approach
Our role as educators is to nurture and educate the whole child, and promote the intellectual, social, emotional, physical, character and aesthetic development of the children in our care.
We aim to create an inspiring, collaborative and inclusive learning environment, and utilize a range of instructional strategies and approaches to address the individual learning needs and learning styles of the children we teach, ensuring that every child meets with success. We strive to develop critical and creative thinkers who are confident, open-minded, have an appreciation and respect for diversity in all its forms, and demonstrate kindness, compassion, empathy, integrity and respect.
We believe it is essential to know our students as thinkers and inquirers, to listen to and honour their ideas, questions and interests, and be sensitive and responsive to their individual academic, social, emotional, physical, cultural and language needs.
We establish a supportive learning environment where children are encouraged to take risks, develop leadership skills, and develop an understanding and appreciation for the rich diversity of our world; their own cultures and personal histories, as well as those of others, and to be open to differing perspectives, values and traditions.
Our aim is to foster the knowledge, understanding, skills, and attitudes to develop internationally-minded, responsible, caring, engaged world citizens who use their talents and abilities to make a positive contribution to our world.
BSchool Core Values
As a school we are an inclusive learning community that values the talents, skills, and experiences that each person brings. Children, parents, teachers and staff work collaboratively to provide our students with the highest level of education possible.
- To deliver a high standard of holistic bilingual education and develop the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes for success in our global community
- To promote a high level of bilingual proficiency in Italian and English
- To nurture and develop intellectual curiosity, creative and critical thinking and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- To nurture the whole child and develop his or her intellectual, social, emotional, physical, character and aesthetic development
- To foster understanding, appreciation and respect for individual and cultural differences, and celebrate and share our individual and cultural diversity
- To demonstrate the value of mother-tongue learning, home cultures and linguistic diversity
- To develop confidence, self-esteem and leadership, and an attitude of individual responsibility
- To promote collaboration, cooperation and engagement in active service to others, locally and in the wider world
- To develop a high level of technological competence and promote the use of technology as a learning resource throughout the school